For every student to reach their God-given potential in every area of their lives.
To provide a loving and biblically-based educational experience with a Christian worldview, maximizing every student’s God-given style of learning. To love and disciple them so that they become the individual God had in mind when He created them.
Our Core Beliefs
- Students are more than just “students.” They are your children, loved and valued by Jesus. As such, they are to be loved and valued by us as well. This is central to everything we do.
- The home, church and the school should complement each other: promoting your child’s spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and physical growth.
- Parents have a God-given responsibility for the education of their child. Our staff shares this responsibility as “in loco parentis” when you enroll your child at Legacy.
- The discipleship of your child is an intentional commitment to living, modeling, and applying God’s Word for them on a daily basis rather than an academic pursuit.
- The instruction and education the students at Legacy receive must be in accordance with the Word of God.
- Children thrive and learn best in an environment where they feel safe, valued, and are unconditionally loved; our priority is to provide such an environment.
- Learning should be fun, multi-sensory, engaging and active as well as challenging.
- God has given differing abilities and styles of learning to every child. It is our teacher’s responsibility to challenge and teach them according to their academic ability and style of learning.
- Students at all grade levels must go beyond just acquiring knowledge and reciting facts. They must be challenged to think reasonably, critically, and creatively.
- Children should be engaged in intensive learning while at school and “homework” kept to a minimum. Homework should be primarily for review and reinforcement, age-appropriate, and purposeful.
- Providing enrichment opportunities in academics, the arts and sports play an important role in your child’s education.
- Our teachers possess a genuine love for their students that is demonstrated daily in every type of interaction and classroom activity.
- Our teachers must be well-trained and gifted by God to teach, nurture, and disciple their students spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
- All those ministering at Legacy Christian School are to be transformed by the renewing work of Jesus Christ in their lives rather than conformed to the world and its values. They must recognize their responsibility to exemplify a Christian lifestyle to our students and their parents in our society.